Video games have become the most breakthrough and popular entertainment. People of all ages are interested in the industry: from small children to retired people. Certainly, everyone spend time on his hobby differently. Even if you play only a few hours a week, you should pay attention to interesting facts of video games.
Video games characters
1. The most popular character Mario was named after the first landlord – Mario Sigail. The title of the game is Super Mario Bros – “Mr. Game”, which is attached to a person. By the way, the Italian plumber in red overalls is present in more than 120 games.
2. Game designer Toru Ivatani invented the Pac-Man concept while eating pizza.
3. Once Nintendo ordered from Sony components for the release of a new console. Ultimately, Nintendo refused the idea, but Sony decided not to leave the project halfway and released their prefix. So the legendary PlayStation appeared.
4. The global turnover of the video games is $ 70 billion.
5. In South Korea, there is an official law that it does not allow children under 16 to play after 12 a.m.
6. According to the research, 2/3 of all people in the United States regularly play computer games. 60% of gamers are men and 40% women.
7. In 1990 the voice acting for the Golden Axe released. In addition, the criminals completely made the voice.
8. Due to the huge success of Super Mario Bros. in the first half of the 1980s, Mario became the most common name for newborns.
9. The first prefix with built-in memory was Sega Saturn and the capacity of its drive was 1 MB.
10. In the Donkey King version for slot machines, Mario was called a jumper and was a carpenter, not a plumber.
11. Scientific works in the field of video games have shown that the gamers have a better developed reaction. Due to which they quickly make the right decision.
12. In Japan, MegaMan is called RockMan. The name with which the game gained popularity appeared at the start of disc sales in the United States.
13. The best-selling video game in the history of the video game industry are PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS. As a result, they sold 155 units.
14. The game that earned the most money is Blizzard’s World of Warcraft. The project for all time brought more than $ 10 million.
15. The American developer and publisher Atari named this. So, from Japanese this word translates as “Success.”
16. The size of the world in Minecraft is similar to the real area of Neptune.